The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I can remember, sometime around 2006 is when I started hearing about "reliability problems", and 2008 was when they made the switch from Sovtek/EHX to JJ.

After the switch I stopped hearing about reliability problems, but my own experience with JJs in a 2009 Rectifier (Roadster) was that they were dark, murky and lacked punch. The amp greatly benefited from a brighter tube (Tung-Sol) in the V1.

Later on I got a hold of a bunch of Russian 2s. With Russian 2's installed the amp sounded more scooped and aggressive. More of the cold, industrial sound I remembered out of my previous Recto.

Not sure how if any of that will help your research, but I'm curious to know if you were looking for another 3 channel around that 2008 timeframe?

I kind of suspect the reason for the 2010 Recto may have been the 2008 switch to JJs and a desire to revoice the amp to suit them.... but that's getting even further away from your stated aim.

Back