Multiwatt Recto bias resistor location

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Version_6

Reaction score
I've done bias mods on two and three channel rectifiers but this is the first multiwatt I've had to do. Before I go probing around to track down the resistors, I was hoping someone had already done the mod before and save me a few minutes and point me to them. I tried searching around but only came across the old two channel and three channel ones on this board and Google.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Version_6 said:
I've done bias mods on two and three channel rectifiers but this is the first multiwatt I've had to do. Before I go probing around to track down the resistors, I was hoping someone had already done the mod before and save me a few minutes and point me to them. I tried searching around but only came across the old two channel and three channel ones on this board and Google.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sure the bias circuit layout is very similar to the 3-channel. Have you pulled the chassis and had a look?

Dom

Get a SELF BIAS RESISTOR!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCTies9khqo :lol:

In all seriousness though, posters above are correct.

Ok cool. Pretty sure I found it, 22.1k right next to the tiny filter caps.

Time to warm up the Hakko 701 and get this done. Got a nice set of reissue Tung Sol 6L6's bound for it.

Back