Just ordered a new Dual Recto!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullen

Reaction score
I told myself in the beginning of the year that I wouldn't buy any new amps this year. But that didn't last more than a month of course as Mesa announced the JP2C and I had to get it. Sold a few amps (Roadster, Mark V and a Diezel Dmoll) to get it. After getting my JP, and really loving it, I again said: no more amps for a while. Well, that lasted about 2 months.

I have pretty much always had a rectifier since I got my 2 ch back in 96. My sound was that amp until I foolishly sold it to fund something else about 10 years ago. And I had been getting into the Mark series heavily in the early 00's so I wasn't using it as much. But I ended up missing that sound and about a year after I sold the recto I got myself the new Roadster amp. Great amp, very versatile and although it didn't quite sound like my old 2 ch, it did cure that itch and more.

But Again after selling the Roadster back in April, the recto abstinence has been slowly growing. And a few weeks ago I got to try a friends "reborn" Dual Rectifier and loved it. More aggressive than the Roadster and with a good range of usable sounds. Of course the gas built up again. But the final straw was the thread just below this about the vintage mode. And as a pretty big fan of Devin Townsend I really dig his tone, whether it's a recto, Kemper or Axe Fx, it always sound great to me. So after reading and posting in that thread, I Youtubed a few vids of him and his gear and a few other recto vids that popped up. And... Holy ****!!!! That's the tone I've been missing! I had to get one...NOW!

So I just ordered one online and hopefully it will be here soon. We just changed the Mesa importer for Scandinavia and the store didn't have one in stock, so I hope this doesn't hinder my order. But I can't wait!

So no new amps in 2016 became 2 new amps in 2016. And the year is not done yet...

Congrats! I'm with you. As many amps as I've had come and go over the years, the Recto is the one amp that I always come back to in the end.

Yeah, there seems to be something about the recto that keeps you coming back. Once bitten...

Back