Roadster Effects Loop Problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bchappetta

Reaction score
Picked up this roadster off eBay about 3 weeks ago... I love it. I did notice that the blue effects loop light stays on constantly. I got an extra pedal for the amp and neither one turns the light off and on when the loop button its pressed. Amp sounds great so I kinda took it in stride.

I picked up a TC Electronic G-System, using the 4 cable setup sounds sweet but I can't switch the effects loop off, can't even set the Effects loop switch to bypass, on the back of the amp... It gets worse... when I switch from my clean channel to any other channel... they all sound alike while using the G-System w/4cable setup!!!

Running this effects board using two cables... guitar into it and the output into the front of the boogie works but doesn't sound nearly as good as placing the time effects behind the preamp.

Anyone got any ideas what's happening with my effects loop????

Dazed and Confused here!

Hey bud that sucks about your FX loop issue- might I suggest changing out the V5 12Ax7 (pre-amp tube) that tube in particular drives your fx send and return and could be causing the shenanigans
From left to right count over 5 pull that and replace it with another if you have one or if your not dependent on your reverb swap it out with your V4 pre amp- hope that helps man!

bchappetta said:
Picked up this roadster off eBay about 3 weeks ago... I love it. I did notice that the blue effects loop light stays on constantly. I got an extra pedal for the amp and neither one turns the light off and on when the loop button its pressed. Amp sounds great so I kinda took it in stride.

I picked up a TC Electronic G-System, using the 4 cable setup sounds sweet but I can't switch the effects loop off, can't even set the Effects loop switch to bypass, on the back of the amp... It gets worse... when I switch from my clean channel to any other channel... they all sound alike while using the G-System w/4cable setup!!!

Running this effects board using two cables... guitar into it and the output into the front of the boogie works but doesn't sound nearly as good as placing the time effects behind the preamp.

Anyone got any ideas what's happening with my effects loop????

Dazed and Confused here!
What do you have the FX loop switches in the channel strips set to?

If set to "FX On", the loop will always be on, regardless of footswitch setting.

Dom

domct203 said:
What do you have the FX loop switches in the channel strips set to?
If set to "FX On", the loop will always be on, regardless of footswitch setting.

Dom

The effects loop was individually set to on, on each of channel strips on back the amp.
Dom, I can't thank you enough... such a simple resolution to my problem... now let me go wash the egg off my face.

Benny

BeltFedRiffs said:
Hey bud that sucks about your FX loop issue- might I suggest changing out the V5 12Ax7 (pre-amp tube) that tube in particular drives your fx send and return and could be causing the shenanigans
From left to right count over 5 pull that and replace it with another if you have one or if your not dependent on your reverb swap it out with your V4 pre amp- hope that helps man!

I didn't realize the fx loop was individually set to on, on each channel on back the amp... I will keep the tube advice in mind for any additional problem that might pop up.

Thanks again for the quick response to call for help.

Benny

fwiw, I prefer all but reverb before the preamp. I recently put a Smallstone after my Nova System. Kicking on delay and the Smallstone gets some great textures. I wish my digidelay with modulation on repeats didn't die, 'cause that effect was a fave. Add wah and you could almost have an acid flashback.

Back