roadster settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomrip

Reaction score
hey guys. i was wonderign what kind of settings you guys are usign on your roadster. i write breaking benjamin style, but i am also in a cover band that plays all kinds of music. this is why i bought the roadster. im lookign for a reall good vlean. a dirty clean, massive in your face metal, and a pop punk style distortion. i have the 10 band eq, plus the maxon 808. i also have a wampler ego compressor pedal. I am new to this amp, and jsut want a good starting point. thanks in advance.

I don't have one, but I would recommend reading the manual. I only disagree with cutting the mids as much as Mesa instructs, but their overview of sweet spots for the controls is good info. If you don't have one, it is on their site in the Support.

Use channel 1:tweed for your dirty clean
Channel 2 for your regular clean
Channel 3 raw or vintage for pop punk
Channel 4 modern for the metal

Almost all of my eq settings are between 10 and 2 on the clock, with the exception of the gain on my tweed, that's higher. Your pickup output will make a big difference there.

silentbob said:
Use channel 1:tweed for your dirty clean
Channel 2 for your regular clean
Channel 3 raw or vintage for pop punk
Channel 4 modern for the metal

Almost all of my eq settings are between 10 and 2 on the clock, with the exception of the gain on my tweed, that's higher. Your pickup output will make a big difference there.

This is really solid advice. I set mine up like this except I use channel three on modern but with the gain cut way back. It just seems more 3d to me that way. Also I keep the loop on and place the volume on each channel between 11 and 1 o-clock depending and then just use the master. Killer amp.

I would also do the same. Don't forget about the tube Rectifier switch on the back of the amp. I found that interesting for certain styles where the sag was needed vs the quick and tight effect of the silicon diode. I generally use the tube rectifier on CH3 and CH1, not sure why but I do.

Also found that 50W setting can also be of interest. Most of the time I use CH4 in Modern as that is my favorite. A great place to start with this amp is with the recommended settings in the manual. Also found that reducing the gain on CH4 in modern voice will increase the treble response. Roadster has many areas to explore.

Back