Tremoverb. What Speakers?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoogieHog

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,
I have a 93 Tremoverb with Vintage 30's in it but I'd like to change them out to WGS Warehouse Speakers possibly.
What are your thoughts on the right speakers for this amp WGS or otherwise? I don't like the "Mid Punchiness" of the V30s with this amp, I never have. I want something that sounds more full but not floppy and, crisp & chimy without being harsh.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I too own a TremoVerb but our criteria what we want out of our TOV may or may not be different.

I understand the midtange punch of Vintage 30s.

Did you check out Warehouse Speaker Clips? The Dual Rectifier clips is basically a ToV red channel - modern mode.

Currently I'm using a pair of Fane Axions (75 watt each). It has clarity. But friends that come over trying my ToV prefer the 4x12s of Celestion G12-30H Anniversary. They like the crunch. Tone is similar to a Vintge 30s without the midrange punch more even out through the whole freq. spectrum. They like way the C12-30H Ann. breaks up. Remember, these speakers are rated at 30 watts so you need 4.

I previously owned a Tremoverb 100w and ran it at the time through a JCM900 cab with 65 watt speakers I think (early 90s) and it sounded great. I now have a Road King combo and a JVM420H head as well. I run the 2x12 with V30s for the Marshall and that seems to work ok. Didnt like them much on the RK2. I am expecting a pair of creamback 75w tomorrow that I will swap. The C90s seem to work well but Ill let you know my thoughts on the creambacks. I think something like that might pair really nicely. V30s are probably my least favorite speakers of the bunch and Im curious about greenbacks. Let us know what you decide in the end btw. I am assuming this is a combo? Can you verify?

Latest posts

Back