Mesa Tremoverb Loud Buzzing Noise?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charvel1975

Reaction score
So for some months now, my Mesa Tremoverb has been getting a lot of loud buzzing noise on both channels. Mine was converted from a combo to a head some years ago. It's currently got the stock 1995 Mesa labeled 5U4G's and the Mesa labeled 6L6's &12AX7's in it which are over 4-5 years old, been getting a lot of loud buzzing noise on both channels. I messaged Laura at Valve Queen and she said: You likely have a shorted power tube. The Ruby short bottle 6L6's are super and sound great. They are the same as the TAD (black plates). They are $80 per quad but I haven't put them on the site yet. Ruby also has a solid 5u4g which Mesa is currently rebranding and using in their amps. Preamp tube wise, I typically mix. The new Mullard CV 4004 12ax7 is nice in V1. JJ's also work very well. I like using long plate tubes for the phase inverter (Mullard). The other positions I would suggest Ruby Ac5's and JJ's. I can work up some further ideas.

Any questions, please let me know.

I didn't know it could be a shorted power tube? I don't really crank my Mesa up all that loud, even for the shows our cover band was doing. One thing I've told my bandmates numerous times is my Mesa is really hard to keep at a low volume and not to mention trying to get it to sound decent at a really low volume.

Back