Tremoverb Combo warming up issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elbuilio

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for some advice on what to do next with my Tremoverb Combo. I recently picked the amp up at a knock-down price as it has a few problems. I'm hoping I can have more success than the previous owner at solving these problems. The forum here has a lot of tremoverb issue discussion, but nothing with a solution to my problem (unless i've missed it).

Problems:
Amp takes up to 5 minutes to produce any sound after coming off standby (amp left on standby for a few minutes first).
When amp does come on it lacks lacks gain (i think).

Other considerations:
The previous owner has disconnected the reverb tank as he said it was faulty. I have left this disconnected.
It has been fully retubed by the previous owner in a bid to try and solve the problem. I have also replaced the rectifier tubes as well.
Channel switching is immediate.
There appears to be a non-standard modification to the circuit board (see pictures).
Previous owner said he had it inspected at a local guitar shop and the tech said it as something to do with the mute circuit. This could be a red herring.

Pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/pQPQS

Any help would be really appreciated :)

Many thanks,

Tom

Do you have any close up pics of this mod?

If you got the amp at a great price IMHO it would be worth the expense to send the amp to Mesa for service.

Give them a call, I think you will find their rates reasonable.

Dom

Hi. Thanks for the reply Dom. There is a close up picture here (2nd down).

Only issue with sending to Mesa is that I am in the UK (Yorkshire). If anyone knows of anyone in my area that does repairs, could you post the details?

Cheers,

Tom

elbuilio said:
Hi. Thanks for the reply Dom. There is a close up picture here (2nd down).

Only issue with sending to Mesa is that I am in the UK (Yorkshire). If anyone knows of anyone in my area that does repairs, could you post the details?

Cheers,

Tom

You can send the chassis to dennis marshall in Scotland.
He recently serviced my tremoverb.
I had lrd issues.
Postage was piss cheap...£16 ..and the chassis was in a massive amp head flight case.
He's the official mesa repair guy in the uk

Just spoken to him and he sounds very familiar with the symptoms and the possible repair required.

Hoping to get it to him next month :)

Thanks a lot Nick, great tip.

elbuilio said:
Just spoken to him and he sounds very familiar with the symptoms and the possible repair required.

Hoping to get it to him next month :)

Thanks a lot Nick, great tip.

Hope it works out.
He's a nice bloke to deal with.
I waited a few years before getting around to doing this...just cos it's a ballache sending it to Scotland..
Wish I did it years ago.

Back