Sound Problems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtbs

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I have a couple questions/problems with my mesa boogie single rectifier amp.

So I have it rigged out with a pair of el34 tubes if this is going to help at all with the problem or not.

The first problem I am having is I'm getting some killer buzzing coming from the amp. I expect a little buzz because my guitar runs 2 singles and a double coil pickup but its pretty obnoxious. I just replaced my guitar cable with a heavy duty shielded cable so I ruled out any form of interference. I had a couple "Make Shift" ground lift extension cords/ power bars that I took out of the mix as well. As far as I know the wall outlets are alright, I could be wrong. So I am kind of at a loss as to where this elusive buzz is coming from. I'm pretty electrical savvy so if its a repair that might involve soldering wires or such I am more than down for that.

Second problem I have had since I got the amp (I did by it used). I love using my pedalboard for reverb, chorus, delay, etc.. but I found that if I plug it into my FX loop, after a while the volume on the amp with cut out and in, in a sort of wave like pattern, so it wont be one second its on the other its off, more like its loud, then slowly gets soft, then back and forth. I also noticed that it kills a lot of my volume off the bat as well when I plug it in and set the mix. Is this one a user error or just a tube I need to hunt down and replace?

I appreciate the help

Latest posts

Back