Amp not working

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davesolis91

Reaction score
Hey I have a 3 Channel Dual Rectifier head
It's taken care of, live-in road case and Mesa sends me tubes once a year

Came off a week-long tour and it worked perfectly the whole time.
Set it up in the house today and its not working.

The amp turns on, but none of the channel LED's light up as they should. Not on the amp or the foot switch.
Therefor, its as if its not on any channel at all, so there's no sound coming out.
I've played with the loop, turned it on and off, played with the channel select switch (as if its my foot switch acting up) but that switch does nothing either. No channels will engage or light up.
The fuse looks to be just fine

Any help would be appreciated

May be an issue with the footswitch cable? Does it work with the footswitch unplugged?

You need to give it to a tech. The power supply and the switching needs to be measured and inspected. If it's under warranty, ask Mesa for a place to send it.

Look carefully at tube V1, usually closest to input. Is the filament lit up? If not and assuming it's not a bad tube, you have lost the low voltage power supply section, or some part of it. This will require a tech to look at it.
Good luck! :)

Old BF Shred said:
Look carefully at tube V1, usually closest to input. Is the filament lit up? If not and assuming it's not a bad tube, you have lost the low voltage power supply section, or some part of it. This will require a tech to look at it.
Good luck! :)
+1

V1 is unique due to the fact it has DC heaters, and shares the same DC supply as the switching. All the other tubes have AC heaters.

If V1's heaters are not lit there is a fault in the low voltage DC supply as Old BF Shred has mentioned, most likely an issue within the diode rectifier bridge.

Dom

Latest posts

Back