Triple Recto no channel light

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennyliu

Reaction score
I can't say I've heard of this problem before, but I fired up my 3ch Triple Recto (1999?) the other day and noticed that none of the channel lights would light up. It seemed to power up fine, even got a hiss from the cab when I switched off standby. However, I couldn't get it to make any sound. I noticed that I was not able to select a channel. I tried the footswitch as well as manually changing channels with the selector on the back, but no luck. It's a pretty lightly used amp, lives inside a flight case. Never had any falls or bumps. Original owner.

Anyone have this problem before? I have a bad feeling I'm going to have to send this in. Thanks for any help.

Hey there- gonna through a few things your way- if you already did these- then I have no idea-

Check and or replace your V1 V2 and V3 pre amp tubes- that can sometimes be the culprit of the channel switching issue- or unplug your footswitch and see if you can manually change channels like that- just to further isolate the cause of the problem and go ahead and disconnect and FX loop rig you have going on for the time being-

In regards to the channel lights not coming on- check and or replace your fuze from what I understand these are standard bus fuzes you can get at any auto-parts store- Ive never had to replace mine but have seen this issue resolved from friends whom have had similar issues.

Other than thats thats about all I got- hope you can get it up and running

I ended up taking it to a shop who looked at it and got on the phone with Mesa. Apparently, the power supply for the channel switcher was busted so I had to get a new one.

It's alive again and I think it might sound better than before (although it could just be that I'm happy to have it back).

Thanks for everyone's input.

Latest posts

Back