Solo 50 series 1 footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldenGeek

Reaction score
Hello :)
I'm thinking of building a footswitch for my series 1 single rec. I have lots of pedal parts around so I think I should be able to build a pedal "for free". But does anybody have a schematic for the pedal, so that I get the LEDs and stuff about right? Or can anybody post an internal pic of their pedal?

I contacted Mesa but they wont give me any details about the original switch, and Im not going to pay 55$ for the pedal and god knows how much for shipping and taxes to Norway. Does anybody have the original switch and the time to open it up and send me a picture? Or can someone please tell me the way it operates at least - is it supposed to light up the channel led only when in channel 1? I have put together a test-pedal and I can manage to get a led to light up on cahnnel 1 and no light on channel 2. Solo is working with led on when solo is engaged. I think I got it right, but I would love to hear how its supposed to operate and possibly get some gut-shots of an original pedal.

I can check mine this weekend. It's a 2 button footswitch that connects via a single 1/4" cable, so I assume it's just a simple TRS jack with the 2 buttons operating one side each. Probably any number of cheaper replacements out there. I'll check it out this weekend.

Silverwulf said:
I can check mine this weekend. It's a 2 button footswitch that connects via a single 1/4" cable, so I assume it's just a simple TRS jack with the 2 buttons operating one side each. Probably any number of cheaper replacements out there. I'll check it out this weekend.

Hi there, how are you doing? Were you able to check your footswitch?

I've the same question as this thread owner and it's so frustrating to get no help at all from Mesa Boogie itself :(

Thanks in advance.

I never heard back from anyone, but I finally built a footswitch thats working. Its really simple - (I cant remember which function is tip or sleeve, but you'll figure that out. Lets just say thet tip is channel and ring is solo for now, but it might be the other way around). The solo-function is a led in series with sleeve to ground, so that the led lits up when solo is engaged. The channelswitching has a led in series with tip to ground, and the led is engaged when the rhythm channel is on, off when the lead channel is on. I didnt install any resistors as I recall, I can check it when I get home today just to be sure. An of course theres some switches in there to switch the stuff :)

goldenGeek said:
I never heard back from anyone, but I finally built a footswitch thats working. Its really simple - (I cant remember which function is tip or sleeve, but you'll figure that out. Lets just say thet tip is channel and ring is solo for now, but it might be the other way around). The solo-function is a led in series with sleeve to ground, so that the led lits up when solo is engaged. The channelswitching has a led in series with tip to ground, and the led is engaged when the rhythm channel is on, off when the lead channel is on. I didnt install any resistors as I recall, I can check it when I get home today just to be sure. An of course theres some switches in there to switch the stuff :)

That's amazing! Really nice work and thanks for your answer. I'm not really deep into the electronics but I'm in a constant talking with a foot-maker guy and this kind of info will be really handy for them.

In fact I've just talked with them and passed your info, they sent me a diagram from a FS they already have and produce, do you think this will work for the Series 1 SOLO head?

FOOT_MB_2.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Hello @kruspemsv, I finally checked my pedal again and the solo-part is right (labeled effects on your drawing), open or connected to ground with a LED in series. The channel switching is wrong, and is done like this: When the switch is closed (pin connected directly to gound) the lead channel is active. When the pin is attached to ground via a LED in series the clean channel is active (and the LED lits up) - I guess the led draws some current/power, but not enough for the relay to "see it" as closed.

Something like this:
FOOT_MB_2.jpg

Latest posts

Back