2 Channel Rectio identification help, and repair help PICS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endofall

Reaction score
Hello everyone! First post. I picked up this early 2 channel rectifier for a really good deal. The guy I got it off of was up front about the fact that it would require a bit of work but I had played on this amp before and knew what it sounded like so I jumped at the opportunity. From what Ive been able to tell this is a early revision G? It has a Mark IV output transformer. The amp is super aggressive sounding and sounds awesome. I enjoy it much more than the later 3 channel triple Recto that I had, and I enjoy the aggression of it more than the Roadster that I also have. I know that the most of the pots on the front of the amp will have to be replaced (many of them are extremely scratchy and some are shorting out). I know that there are a couple of resisters and a cap that have burns on that will have to be replaced as well. I am unsure which schematic I need for this amp. If anyone can point me in the right direction for a accurate schematic that would be awesome! Thanks!

IMG_1446_zpsjl5qeqhw.jpg

IMG_1443_zpsyviykdrs.jpg

IMG_1444_zps1faperqu.jpg

IMG_1439_zpssivhqsnx.jpg

IMG_1440_zpsvommwdkc.jpg

IMG_1441_zpsloo1lgoh.jpg

edit_zpsqdhoakc2.jpg

IMG_1442_zpstjveano1.jpg

It's got that road-worn look for sure! Congrats on the acquisition.

As far as I know, a two channel with serial numbers beyond 2800 or so would make it a Revision G.

I quick google search turned up this link.

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schemview.php?id=507

I am not an electrician so I have no idea if this is what you need. Perhaps a more knowledgeable member could verify it.

It's a G all right.
Hint: The circuit board spells that out for you! :lol:

BE SURE YOU HAVE PROPERLY DISCHARGED YOUR POWER SUPPLY FILTER CAPS BEFORE YOU DO ANY WORK IN THERE.

That is a Rev G. If you look on the main PCB, along the edge where the four large filter caps are you will see "RF 1G". The last character is the board rev.

Looking at that damage, both of those resistors are for your screen grids and are a simple replacement. This is common when a power tube fails. In those pics it looks as though both screen grid resistors failed on both output tube sockets on that side.

The caps in your bias supply could just be covered with the soot and carbon from the resistor failure. Clean it all up with some denatured alcohol or acetone then check for physical damage. Be sure to get all carbon off of the components and pcb as the carbon is conductive and can short out other components.

Once everything is cleaned up post some pics of the questionable PCB area.

Dom

Latest posts

Back