Rectoverb 25 settings - strat

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kode

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm playing a Godin Solidac and a Fender Strat Deluxe through my Rectoverb 25.
With the Godin 's humbuckers, I can dial in the tones I want without too many problems. But I'm struggling to dial in some good Strat-tones. Any suggestions on that?

I'm looking for:
- that typical clean sparkling Fender sound
- RHCP-sound
- overdriven SRV-sound
- J Hendrix fuzz
- overdriven Clapton sound
- JJ Cale-sound

FYI
- I also have a Barber Electronics Direct Drive distortion pedal in case it would be advisable to place a distortion pedal before the amp.
- I only play at home so at low volume. I mostly avoid the modern channel for that reason.

kode said:
Hi there,

I'm playing a Godin Solidac and a Fender Strat Deluxe through my Rectoverb 25.
With the Godin 's humbuckers, I can dial in the tones I want without too many problems. But I'm struggling to dial in some good Strat-tones. Any suggestions on that?

I'm looking for:
- that typical clean sparkling Fender sound
- RHCP-sound
- overdriven SRV-sound
- J Hendrix fuzz
- overdriven Clapton sound
- JJ Cale-sound

FYI
- I also have a Barber Electronics Direct Drive distortion pedal in case it would be advisable to place a distortion pedal before the amp.
- I only play at home so at low volume. I mostly avoid the modern channel for that reason.

For Fendery-stuff try pushed mode. For mild OD/breakup, use an OD808 or turn up the gain a bit on pushed. For fuzz, you need a fuzz. The recto drive is more aggressive, not smooth. To get smooth you need a different amp or a smooth OD pedal. BB Pre is a good one as well.

https://warpedmusician.wordpress.com/2016/01/21/faux-fuzz-and-classic-rockin-with-a-dual-rectifier/

You could translate this to a 'Verb. The Raw mode could be used as Vintage with the Presence off, Gain at around 9:00 and Bass @ 11:00.

The picture below shows the Modern faux-fuzz setting with no treble, full mids, and bass a little past Noon in yellow. Green is with bass reduced to 11:00.

faux-fuzz-eq-setting1.png

Latest posts

Back