Best delays and mods for 3 channel dual recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc_ksom

Reaction score
How Do!!!

I have read so many confliction stories of modding 3 channel dual rectifier series loops from parallel loops - to buying splitters and running mixers and everything else, surely the dual rectifier should have some sort of delay pedal that works or some sort of modulation that will work through an un modded loop. ???

I mean the loop was designed like that to begin with so what's the go. Who makes the best pedal that will easily work with the un modded loop any recommendations would be great.

Cheers

Casey

I recently had luck with TC Electronic mini pedals. Reverb, Delay, and Chorus.
But I do have the new recto with the series loop.
I thought the new loop would allow me to use digital effects, but there was enough bleed through of the dry signal to cause the "out of phase" sound. For me, unusable.

TC Electronic has a feature called "analog dry through" which basically means that there is no analog to digital and back, conversion.

End result in the old parallel loop, and the new leaky series loop is no tone coloring.

Great sounding pedals. Love em.

With my 2002 recto, I was able to use boss reverb and delay with no loop mod. But it's the processors that cause all the issues.

I'm not sure why folks have so much trouble with the parallel loops. I always ran pedals in the loop with no issue.

I like controlling the delay or reverb from the unit. I also use different levels for different things and I like a really wet delay. A lot of the older or cheaper digital processors caused comb filtering, because there was no dry kill on the effect and the loop always had bleed between wet and dry. With my amp, I could hear a difference in the tone when the loop was on, but the effect was off, and it irked me a bit. Since I modded it, I haven't once wished I had the parallel loop. It just didn't work for the way I use effects.

An active mixer would have been a better design for ensuring a 100% mix level and would have negated the desire for some people making it serial. 100% wet is 100% wet, even in parallel.

Silverwulf

I have a DD7 Boss delay pedal that sounds great through my Mark III's loop, in fact its sounds bloody awesome - but I cant use it on the dual recto, sounds like puss, I don't know what it is but the repeats don't sound correct and it doesn't sound right in any % in the loop, and also through the front it doesn't sound good, so either way, it sux

Casey

I have an older 3ch with parallel loop. My favorite delay is a Boss DD-3 with dummy plug in the direct out jack to make the pedal 100% wet. I leave the pedal on all the time and use a volume pedal in front of the DD-3 to control the effect level. Works like a charm.

Thanks 3124+

Interesting idea, I just read up to see if mine has that function and it does. I will try it out tonight or tomorrow - thanks for the tip man, though I don't own a volume pedal, but will see what it does anyway - cheers

regards

Casey

pathology knight said:
I run a DigiTech digilay with no problems.

It only took me a month to realize I used to have that pedal! :shock: If I recall, there is not any type of Mix Control correct? Or at least nothing that can reduce Mesa's dry signal? I wonder if that is a key part in effect units that work with Mesa's parallel loops. I'm too tired to think about FX loops at the moment but perhaps somebody else can manage it! :shock:

Latest posts

Back