Power for LED on footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mexirican

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a channel switch pedal but I have a question. I see pedals that need 9v power for the LED and others that don't. But, the pedal that came with my Triple Rec does not need a dedicated 9v power supply. Does anyone know if there is power going through the channel switch plugs in the back of the amp that can/will power 1 LED on the channel switcher? Or is where a dedicated power wire going through the 7-pin cable for the Boogie pedal?

Thank for your help.

Boogie sells their own pedal (http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/fcrec.html) for switching. Is it safe to assume that there is power flowing through the cable to power the LED?

So I received my pedal. Works great to change channels, light and all. The problems come in when I connect it to the solo boost, which is where I want to use it. 2 problems. 1 - The polarity is backwards, but only on the solo. If I connect it to anything else, the light works the way it should. 2 - When the pedal turns the solo boost off, there is major distortion. Not the good type either. Like a bad connection or something. And the louder I have the amp, the worse it is. But only in when used for the solo boost. Anywhere else, it works fine.

Ideas?

RPercival said:
I built my own two button switch for my 2ch DR and I can confirm that you do not need separate power for leds.
I'm getting ready to build a switch for my solo 50 series 1, standard stereo-jack on the amp for the switch. Did you just connect the LEDs to the switch/cable in the pedal or did you add more components (maybe resistors to bring down the voltage)?

Back