Trs cable for FX loop and channel switcher

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mexirican

Reaction score
First off, I already used the search function and couldn't find anything in this.

I have a Triple rec. My pedal board has stuff before the amp and in the loop (what they are is irrelevant) and I'm also using the amps pedal too so their are 4 cables total. Since I currently only use 2 channels and the solo boost, I'll soon be ditching the big pedal for a channel switcher/boost pedal from Loop-Master to gain board space. My question is can I use trs cables with the appropriate adapters to connect the board to the amp and not have my tone go to ****? I'll be using the trs cables for my send/return and the channel switch and boost. A big reason I want to do this is because I currently use one of those dual patch cables that are siamesed for my loop but it's only 15 feet or something like that. It's the shortest cable coming out of my board too. I know I'm adding a lot more connections which is why I'm asking about it here. Will my tone go completely to ****? If so, what are some other options? I'd rather not have 5 individual cables coming out of my board.

Thanks in advance.

I made my own pairs by taking regular cables and wrapping them in electrical tape. I put a stripe on the ends of one cable to make sure things don't get mixed up. The input and loop cables are the only ones to worry about in regards to tone. If you have a buffer or a BOSS pedal (among others) with buffers included, having one at the end of a pedal run will help with treble loss from cable capacitance.

I recommend looking into a PedalSnake. One of the best purchases I ever made. Worth every penny. I run two separate powers for pedals in front and in the loop, a send/return pair for the loop, and a line from my tuner>OD pedal into the amp input. The pedalsnake cable and my footswitch cable are zip tied together. One big cable to wind/unwind and set up/teardown in record time.

Latest posts

Back