Road King II and Tremoverb: first band rehearsal at volume

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlpasco

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP these amps sound great.

The other guitarist has 15 watt Line 6 and basically plays clean with a big muff pedal out front. I starting bringing my RK II and tverb combos to practice so he could use one of them.

He's using the Tremoverb clean and dry, with the big muff, and a Fender Jazzstang and is NAILING Nirvana tones.

I'm using the RK II with a Les Paul, mostly using the clean (not fat) mode on channel one and modern on channel 4.

Today we rented practice space where we could crank things up. They sound fantastic together, especially mixed in with bass, drums, and vocals. The cleans sound great together, the distorted tones blend super nicely.

I used to think the Road King's modern mode was too dark. I don't anymore, it's fantastic and just right: brawny and grinding as hell.

Solos with an OD-808 out front and a Nova ND-1 sounded great and got a lot of appreciative raised eyebrows from the rest of the bad.

SO HAPPY right now.

That's awesome. It's always rewarding when things are clicking and the sound is just right.

I never had good luck with a Muff into any of my Rectos, they just didn't sound right to me. Glad it's working for you guys and that you had a chance to enjoy them at volume. They really shine when you can open them up.

Latest posts

Back