NAD! 2-channel Dual Rec, I think I've found the one!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slysendice

Reaction score
Hey all,

This is a very exciting NAD for me. I've always wanted to try a 2-channel Dual Rectifier as I'd heard they were the better of the Rectifier models. Recently, a great-looking one showed up on my local classifieds and I decided to pull the trigger. I was a bit hesitant at first as I tried a Multi-Watt model and it sounded horrific. Either there was something wrong with it, or those things just sound terrible. But all of my reservations were put to rest once I tested this thing out.

So far this thing is murdering my Electra Dyne that I bought last year. Everything just sounds fantastic. The gain channel does everything the 'Dyne can do and more, and the clean channel - holy hell, I can't believe anyone complains about this clean channel. If you dial it in right, it sounds glorious.

And now the moment we've all been waiting, for, pics!

SwVWMypl.jpg

The thing looks brand new. The guy says he had it for ages and kept it in his home studio, never gigged. I believe him.

It sounds great and I will probably end up selling the Electra Dyne if I ever get the nerve to do so. I honestly can't think of anything I'd use it for, but I don't want to be too hasty as I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase.

Anyway, thanks everyone for enduring the rant - I'm gonna go play around some more!

I'm not sure the exact year, but I just checked the serial number - it's in the 14,000s. I think this puts it well into Rev. G. I'll check the date tomorrow when I get a chance.

Well, I've just checked inside and the date written next to the signature is 5/00, so I guess this one was made in 2000. Regardless, it sounds great and I'm incredibly happy to call it my own!

That is still awesome!! Last year the 2 channels were made!

First thing I did to mine was change those ugly knurled knobs with chrome pointers, it's really hard to see the settings.

It's definitely cool that I got one so close to the end of production! Honestly, I don't mind the knobs too much. I really love everything about it the way it is right now, it just feels like a match made in heaven for me. I don't think I've ever "clicked" so well with an amp before!

As an aside, I was surprised to see this one dated 2000 as I did not know that the switch to 3 channels took place in 2001. I actually thought it was very cool when I opened it up and saw that haha.

I'm loving it too, I've played more guitar in the last 2 days than I have in months!

The one thing I wish is that I had a band to show off my newfound tone haha. This is making me increasingly desperate :lol:

maybe you can reach out to some locals musicians in your town and get something started!!

Good luck and happy jamming!!

If you haven't by now,,, try both a mesa spax7 and a tung-sol ax7 in the V1 slot.
It might still have the EH (russian2) in V1,,, which IMO is the worst of the three.

Not a major difference but it's a cheap tweak, and you can always use them somewhere else, another amp or another position if you don't prefer it in V1.
I seem to like the spax7 a bit better in the rev-G models, and the tung-sol RI better in the newer rectos,,,,,,but it's all relative.

Congrats! I also love my 2 ch recto! Creamy fluid leads and also brutal metal grind 8)

siggy14 said:
Try putting it through a Mesa 4x12, you will be in awe and never look back.

I've been considering a Traditional 4x12 (not sure the tone I'm going for calls for the immense bottom end that the Standard 4x12 brings) but I'm just getting a new band together and not even gigging yet - rest assured though, this is my intention!

TRENCHLORD said:
...try both a mesa spax7 and a tung-sol ax7 in the V1 slot

I may do this, I've not messed with the tubes at all since I bought the amp. I'll keep this in mind if I ever need a change!

snorkel54 said:
Congrats! I also love my 2 ch recto! Creamy fluid leads and also brutal metal grind 8)

It sounds great for sure! It does way more tones than people give it credit for. I personally am using it for pop punk, but it can (obviously) do metal extremely well, and it's fairly easy to coax some classic rock tones out of it as well. Just gotta know how to work the EQ and gain knobs!

Back