Headshell for Roadster combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golden1984

Reaction score
Is it possible to get original Mesa headshell for Roadster 2x12 combo?

Thanks

Golden1984 said:
Is it possible to get original Mesa headshell for Roadster 2x12 combo?

Thanks
Yes that is possible, but the combo chassis will need to be flipped over (upside down) to fit in the head shell (tubes/transformers hang downward in a combo, but stand upright in a head).

Dom

Mesa will build you a custom Roadster headshell so you don't have to flip the amp. I just got a quote from them for exactly that. It came to $500 which was too steep for me.

That is cool, $500 is not bad for a custom if it comes complete with speakers and reverb tank already mounted. If it is empty, you would have to supply the rest. Wonder how the amp chassis would mount as the head uses bolts on the bottom and not typical for a combo which would be from the top.

No speakers to mount. We were talking about converting a combo to a head. It was 500 for just the custom head shell which would have the chassis mounted in the top portion of the shell rather than the bottom as the roadster head normally is. That price Included a reverb tank installed and shipping to New York. Not a terrible price just more than I wanted to spend

Latest posts

Back