Reduce Phase Cancellation in a Parallel Loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afu

Reaction score
I can't believe I hadn't thought of this before. I barely dipped the send to 11:00, lowered the amp channel volumes, and boosted the signal with my TC Electronic Nova System (make-up gain) and solved the issues with phase.

With a processor muted in an active loop, the dry is the only sound coming from the speakers. Adjust a channel volume until the dry can't be heard or is almost not perceptible. Activate the processor and boost until the volume is back up where it belongs. I boosted using part of the compressor, but turned the compression off. It allowed more control over individual patches/channels than a uniform boost across all patches. The cleans introduced a lot of hiss when I actually did compress them, but the dirt channels are a-rockin'. The clean already has a much stronger wet signal vs dry and will be adjusted to reflect that.

If the dry signal is significantly lower than the wet signal, the wet will prevail and the cancellation goes away. However, if the channel volume or send is too low, the signal-to-noise will be compromised and crappy sound will spew from the speakers. Therefore: reduce by the least amount possible and don't go overboard with make-up gain, because it will also boost the noise.

Latest posts

Back