Rectoverb tone- asking the experts

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocksalt7

Reaction score
I am here, humbly before the Recto gurus in search of knowledge and inspiration!!

I have an opportunity to get a really clean Rectoverb II combo. My question is this....can a ROV sound like an Ace, if EL-34's are in place? I'm VERY attached to my Ace's sound and I only have one chance at this. The ROV is in a town about 280 miles away, and I'm just trying to hedge my bets a little, as it were, and save myself 8 hours of driving time if I can help it. The ROV is a really great deal....otherwise I wouldn't even be bothering you guys....I'd be jammin' instead!! :mrgreen:

Thanks guys, in advance!

I've never owned a Rectoverb but I have owned a number of Rectifiers and the Ace I had didn't sound like any of them. They're totally different animals.

As mentioned, the Rectos are quite a bit different from the Stilettos, especially the Ace. I don't think you could get the same vibe.

If you love your Ace so much, why the itch for the Recto? GAS?

If you are going to keep both amps I say go for it. If you are looking to trade you will be disappointed that Recto's gain structure is very different from the Ace. People don't buy Rectos to get the Stiletto Ace tone.

My $0.02

Dom

Thanks for the replies....it's all helpful, too.

Mostly GAS....haven't gotten anything new in a while....and the ROV deal is driving me crazy. It's almost too good to pass up, so I just might wind up with both. Not that it's a bad thing.... :D

I have an Ace head and just picked up a ROV II 1x12...
I'm looking forward to the complement of them together... expecting they will be quite different!
the Ace sounds very different to me from my Mark/Roadster history with Mesa.
At one point, I think they marketed the Stiletto line as an alternative heavy tone that could hang with the Rectifier and yet carve out it's own unique voice?!?
we'll see!

Back