Screw Sizes? Date of manufacture?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDude

Reaction score
I may not be posting this in the right location but after 10 minutes of looking I really can't find the place to post this...

My question is Rectifier cabinet related but I can't find any other category that contains this (besides the fact that the bass amp head category has bass cabs listed under it as well) I was thinking I may post this question in footswitches and misc but it says non mesa related products in the description.

Anyway...two part question

I recently purchased a 2x12 mesa horizontal rectifier cabinet

Question 1 - screw sizes
There appears to be two different screw sizes used to hold the back panel on the cabinet. The larger screws were VERY difficult to get out (what did the Hulk tighten these things?) I was worried I was going to strip or break the screw. Did someone replace these screws? Are they supposed to all be the same size? (the smaller ones fit great and come out fairly easy). There is 16 holes and 8 of each screw type. If they are different sizes from the manufacturer, Is there specific locations for the larger vs smaller screws? By larger I mean they are longer and I can't really tell by eyeing but they may have a slightly larger diameter / different thread size

Question 2 - dating the cabinet
After much searching I can't seem to decipher when this cabinet was made. I have read on many forums people contacting Mesa to try to find this information only to be told they don't keep records on that. (Though they said Mesa's customer service was top notch and quick to respond, even though they didn't have an answer). After taking off the back I looked at the serial number on the Celestion speakers inside. I found the number 05KKT4416/22 which I believe represents T4416 G12-V30 16 ohm celestion speakers made specific for Mesa on the 5th of October 2000. I was told these were the original speakers by the gentlemen I bought it from. (I hope hes correct... as he said he bought it "like 20 years ago" off another guy... i'm sure he was just exaggerating / rounding how long hes had it). The cabinet number listed is C33613

Any information would be great and again sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong location

Thanks!

Back