Rectifier, Nova, and Midi

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afu

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I spent a little and got a TC Switch-3 and Voodoo Labs Midi Controller to simultaneously switch channels on my Dual Rectifier and patches on my Nova System by way of the midi out on the Nova/Switch-3. I like it a lot. While the Mesa foot switch is superior, being able to change the reverb and other effects between channels is pretty **** awesome. The instructions for the controller were simple and didn't waste my time at all. Gotta love it. As the channel selections are tied to the patch number, the amp channels can be set to stay put while the effects change. There's a lot of room for experimenting.

There's a slight delay in milliseconds where the signal seems to drop out a little between Channel 2 and 3 going either way, but it's very slight and probably wouldn't be noticed in a band. The Recto's relay pops take a few more stomps to bug out and seem louder. Otherwise, it's a good setup. I leave the loop on. I don't really use boost a lot, but the Nova has a boost, so I don't have a cable going to the Mesa's boost at present. It's being used to switch channels, but the other amp functions could be used easily, but one would have to be left out as the controller only has 4 outputs.

Now, I can squash the clean a little and 'verb it to Hell, but keep my chugga chugga nice and tight without dancing between changes (my legs are more or less crippled, so it'd be the Humpty Dance). The Nova is a little weird, but the effects are really good. Me happy.

Back