Rectoverb 50 combo tube question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNTRoy

Reaction score
Will i be able to change the pair of 6l6 str 440 to 6l6 wxt+ ? i just wanted to try different tubes just for the fun of it. this is my first Mesa and dont want to screw anything up. I had a Peavey 5150 combo and i ran the sovtek 6l6wxt's in it and loved them.. I was just wanting to try them in my New to me Mesa Rectoverb.

I don't want to screw anything up either, so I negate all of those fun tube games, and order the proper tubes direct from Mesa.
IMHO, Mesa gave life to my amp, so I trust only Mesa to make it prosper.

The wxt's could work but when you order them, you need to specify that they are for a Mesa amp, so you get tubes in the correct bias range.

Most suppliers will know what you need...call and ask. If they don't know or say it does not matter, find another supplier. :wink:

Good luck!

Old BF Shred said:
The wxt's could work but when you order them, you need to specify that they are for a Mesa amp, so you get tubes in the correct bias range.

Most suppliers will know what you need...call and ask. If they don't know or say it does not matter, find another supplier. :wink:

Good luck!

Guess i should stick with Mesa Tubes.. Thanks for the info.

TNTRoy said:
Old BF Shred said:

Good luck!

Guess i should stick with Mesa Tubes.. Thanks for the info.
Other tubes will work if they're in the right bias range -- I have a set of Winged C 6L6s for my power tubes, and it sounds very good.

Latest posts

Back