Dual Recto through a Royal Atlantic 27 1x12?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mc_carlini

Reaction score
Just found one of these on my local CL, might go pick it up. I had posted earlier about selling my head and cab for a combo because of space issues going back to college, but this 90-watt 1x12 might do the trick and its the perfect size. I also have my recto running at 50 watts right now. Thoughts? Will this cab hold up in a jam and/or gig, or will I need more?

Thanks!

I can actually comment on this.

Well, the cab is a killer sounding piece and it does seem to work with the Recto. I'd say it will be great for practice / jams, which is where it excels. For small gigs where you are mic'd through the PA, you'll be fine. Medium sized stuff should be ok too. I wouldn't use it beyond that, at least not without another cab. 2 x 12s are better for bigger stuff and 4 x 12s are ideal for playing metal with a loud drummer.

For recording, I've got some really cool tones out of the RA27" 1 x 12 but nothing beats a v30 with a recto and 1 v30 is not nearly enough power handling for a cranked recto.

Final word, I say jump on it. I've never heard a 1 x 12 that sounds like that before and there is ALWAYS a use for one. If you had that and a 4 x 12, you have every scenario covered!

Back