Drive pedal for Road King EL34 medium gain

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armando

Reaction score
Hello,

I've got my hi gain channel set; channel 3/50wt 2-6L6/vintage mode with a Suhr Koko boost doing a mid boost(sweeeet!!!)

So I start messing around with channel 4, set to 50wt 2-EL34/vintage mode. This time, I'm going for more of a "mid-gain"(think the rhythm guitar tone of Whitesnake's Slide It In album) tone. I'm in need of a pedal in front to drive this channel just enough to get me there, warm, fat and chimey. The Koko Boost does a decent job but it's doing it's thing on channel 3 and doing it well!

So if any of you are doing the "JMP" tone on the Road King's EL34 power section, please throw some ideas my way.

Thanks in advance!

Armando said:
Not the same. Looking for a different "color" than stock Mesa gain tone.

My thoughts exactly

I now use a BB+, which has 2 stackable channels with separate gain / EQ. Works a treat on CH3 / 4 in Vintage mode, and creates 2 additional flavours. I set both channels at relatively low gain to work with the core tone of the Roadster (running EL34's), but the possibilities are endless :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back