Roadster/RK Owners - Tired of the reach around .........

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domct203

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
.......... to get to the power connector?

Share your solution, here's mine, an IEC connector that I salvaged, mounted into the back bar, then a 16-ga power cable that I clipped and soldered to the connector. I used plenty of heat-shrink to keep it safe, and left about 8" to take the bar off easily.

8DFC608E-3D4F-41C7-A398-2AB4A207F5C1_zpsxz5tu6uk.jpg

1B747418-970F-4AC6-BD71-1AE41E34C45D_zps2cyblqg6.jpg

7ABC7EA8-5621-4A77-82EC-3089B6A4CA19_zpsdbqmn8ta.jpg

Dom

Who's the clever dude? You is!! :lol:
Slick idea and implementation.

I'll get some pics up on converting the Roadster's front face plate to make it attach with velcro for easy tube swaps.

I would dab some black RTV sealant on the back of the connector where there is exposed solder tabs. I will seal it up and provide some strain relief. Unfortunately, as it is, that would not be UL compliant. Nice trick though.

bandit2013 said:
I would dab some black RTV sealant on the back of the connector where there is exposed solder tabs. I will seal it up and provide some strain relief. Unfortunately, as it is, that would not be UL compliant. Nice trick though.
I'm not concerned with being UL compliant, just with making setup a little easier.

RTV on the tiny bit of solder tabs that the heat shrink didn't cover is a good idea. I think I have a tube of it in the garage.

Dom

bandit2013 said:
Use a blob of it , cover the tabs and heat shrink. You can wrap it up with rubber tape after that (used for plumbing but works great with other projects too.)
Wow man, that's way overkill. I just put a few dabs at the base of the tab and about 1/4" up the heat shrink, done in 2 minutes and easily removable if needed.

Too bad there is not a rubber boot to cover that, something that slides up the wire and uses the mounting screws to secure it.

Dom

Thank you SO MUCH! I have a combo too, which makes it extra hard, compared to my Tremoverb. My future roadies hate me enough for it when setting up. :lol:

Back