Road King Ch 4 Master Level set lower than Ch's 1-3. Normal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armando

Reaction score
Hello,

I just want to know if this is "normal" or issue. I have a series I Road King head I use with the King Kontroller. When I adjust all individual Master volume levels, I see that channel 4 needs to be set quite a bit lower than say Ch 3(1 & 2 also). For example, I have the master for channel 3 set to 11 o'clock and have to set channel 4 to 7:30ish just to roughly match channel's 3's level. Both channels 3 & 4 are set to 50wt(2x6L6) and Diode as the selected Rectifier type.

Can any RK owner varify that this is either normal operation or that something is definitely wrong here.

Thanks in advance!

Armando said:
Hello,

I just want to know if this is "normal" or issue. I have a series I Road King head I use with the King Kontroller. When I adjust all individual Master volume levels, I see that channel 4 needs to be set quite a bit lower than say Ch 3(1 & 2 also). For example, I have the master for channel 3 set to 11 o'clock and have to set channel 4 to 7:30ish just to roughly match channel's 3's level. Both channels 3 & 4 are set to 50wt(2x6L6) and Diode as the selected Rectifier type.

Can any RK owner varify that this is either normal operation or that something is definitely wrong here.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Armando,

Depending on the rest of the settings, that is normal. The Channels Masters are meant to balance the volume between channels, and they will not end up set to the same settings. Thanks!

I have my Roadster set up with channels 1-4 as clean, fat, vintage, and modern. Channels 1-3 have a volume setting close to 11:00 while channel 4 in modern is around 9:00 to match the volume of the other three.

Same here! I'm guessing it's the volume/level difference between Ch 3 being in Vintage mode and Ch 4 being in Modern mode.

Thanks again guys!

Back