Mini-Rectoverb 25 Combo and Head!!!! New from Mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendo

Reaction score
I will be picking up a combo ASAP.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rectifier_Series/Rectoverb_25/Rectoverb_25.html#gpm1_1

Cool.

I didn't really have any interest in the Mini-Recto head, but the combo might be cool as an all-in-one practice/jamming option.

bendo said:
1049.00 for the Head, 1249.00 for the Combo.

Great price. I just wonder what this is in Canadian funds (aka funny money)? I also agree it is a very attractive option. I happen to like the trim and think it is a very good looking and good sounding little amp.

SonVolt said:
Too expensive I'm afraid to have much turn-over.
That's what a lot of folks said about the Mini Rec 1.0, but they sold enough of them @ $999(US) that Mesa thought it was worthwhile to offer the version 2.0, so for a few dollars more, I don't think it's an issue. People spend a lot more money on so-called boo-teek amps.

And you all in North America would crap your pants if you saw what they sell for here in New Zealand. I paid $1800(NZ) for mine last year - just the head - and I have no regrets. The new combo is slated to go for $2200 down here. You all have it easy! :lol:

KiwiJoe said:
SonVolt said:
Too expensive I'm afraid to have much turn-over.
That's what a lot of folks said about the Mini Rec 1.0, but they sold enough of them @ $999(US) that Mesa thought it was worthwhile to offer the version 2.0, so for a few dollars more, I don't think it's an issue. People spend a lot more money on so-called boo-teek amps.

And you all in North America would crap your pants if you saw what they sell for here in New Zealand. I paid $1800(NZ) for mine last year - just the head - and I have no regrets. The new combo is slated to go for $2200 down here. You all have it easy! :lol:

Holy Jesus. I only payed $2099 for my Mark V.

Living in Germoney doesn't make it cheaper: 2500€ (3350$) for a Dual Rectifier, 2975€ (3988$) for a Mark V head. Even a Mini Rectifier costs about 1300€ (1740$). But our Distributor is very helpful and customer friendly :D .

The problem is, I really like the sound of my Mesas. I played a lot of different Marshalls and other amps before but since I got my first Recti...

Matthias

... also in rack version:

Rectoverb25-RM-Right_lg.jpg

Rectoverb25-head-BK_lg.jpg

You can get an actual old-school Dual Recto for about that much coin... these new mini-rectos and rect-o-verbs are disappointing. You simply cannot get the sound of a recto from these builds. Shame on Mesa for even producing them to make a buck off of their former glory.

O==00==O said:
You can get an actual old-school Dual Recto for about that much coin... these new mini-rectos and rect-o-verbs are disappointing. You simply cannot get the sound of a recto from these builds. Shame on Mesa for even producing them to make a buck off of their former glory.
Recto....old school? Former glory? You do realize that Mesa was making Mark series amps for 20 years prior to introducing the Rectifier series, right? To people like me the Recto is anything but "old school".

I'm actually a bit perplexed at the use of the Recto name, but for completely different reasons than you. See, I think it's an insult to the Mini to be saddled with the Recto name to begin with. The Mini has much more of a vintage vibe and sounds much better than its bigger progenitors.

The moral of the story is, as always, different strokes for different folks. :wink:

O==00==O said:

Meh.

If you don't like it then vote with your wallet and don't buy it.

KiwiJoe said:
O==00==O said:
Recto....old school? Former glory? You do realize that Mesa was making Mark series amps for 20 years prior to introducing the Rectifier series, right? To people like me the Recto is anything but "old school".

I'm actually a bit perplexed at the use of the Recto name, but for completely different reasons than you. See, I think it's an insult to the Mini to be saddled with the Recto name to begin with. The Mini has much more of a vintage vibe and sounds much better than its bigger progenitors.

The moral of the story is, as always, different strokes for different folks. :wink:

Yes, this. They're awesome little amps and I hope they sell like hot cakes. I'd be interested in picking up a used one in the not too distant future.

Anomaly said:
How are the low-ends compared to the mini Recto's? 25's got bigger transformers more punch?
It's the same amp as the Mini Rec but with a different name and tube driven spring reverb and no switchable f/x loop by-pass (it's automatically by-passed when not plugged in or jumpered with a cable). I think they've also sorted out the 10 watt volume oscillation thing.

You also have the option to get it in a combo or rack mount head and an option on the speaker - either the tried and true V30 or Mesa's new Fillmore.

Other than those add-ons, though, it's still the same Mini Rec. Which is good. Or not, depending on if you liked the original v1.0

Back