Is it safe to plug an eleven rack into the fx return of my

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisRocksUSA

Reaction score
recto in order to use it just as a power amp and play the eleven rack through a cabinet?

I saw a video of someone doing this on yt with a bugera, but a recto is a different amp and blowing up a recto is a bigger deal than blowing up a bugera lol.

anyone have any thoughts on this?

ChrisRocksUSA said:
recto in order to use it just as a power amp and play the eleven rack through a cabinet?

I saw a video of someone doing this on yt with a bugera, but a recto is a different amp and blowing up a recto is a bigger deal than blowing up a bugera lol.

anyone have any thoughts on this?
Absolutly! From page 13 of the 3-Ch Dual Recto manual:

"NOTE: The FX LOOP RETURN jack can be used as an input to the power amp of your Recto making it possible to use it for amplifying signals derived from other preamps or effects in a stereo set-up. When connecting to this jack as a power amp input only the OUTPUT and SOLO Controls and Channel 2 & 3 mode select switches will be active. For the most balanced response in power use Channel 2 or 3 in the RAW or VINTAGE modes. This will configure the power section with the proper amount of negative feedback which will in turn make the Rectos’ power stage respond with a more traditional input sensitivity.
The PRESENCE Control will work in this scenario and you can use it to tailor the top end harmonics to your needs. The MODERN mode can be selected to achieve a substantially higher input sensitivity, but you will have to be careful as this will make the OUTPUT Control extremely more powerful and the amp will be LOUD. Also the PRESENCE Control will have no effect on the sound in the Modern mode in this scenario."

Just be sure to disable any speaker cab or poweramp models in the 11R.

Dom

Back