2 orange channels on my Dual Rec?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomprs

Reaction score
I'd LOVE to have another orange channel instead of the red one on my early 3 channel dual recto. Is this even possible? I'd like to be able to switch seamlessly live from:

- channel 2, gain @ 11 + Maxon OD808

to

-channel 2, gain @ 1 + no boost

Thanks!

Tom.

Or you could save yourself the effort and crank the presence on channel 3. Once you get it up around 8.5 to 9.5 Vintage mode will start to sound right.

screamingdaisy said:
Or you could save yourself the effort and crank the presence on channel 3. Once you get it up around 8.5 to 9.5 Vintage mode will start to sound right.

Well THAT's interesting!! By 8.5 - 9.5 you mean on a scale of 10 right? I will also try the 25K pot change, maybe it will work for me. Anyway, I will never sell this amp. It's been my workhorse for years now and it's the most important part of my sound. I find the cleans very nice and Ch2 sounds perfect. It has downsides though, such as a weird sounding channel 3 and a useless fx loop (my god does it shape the sound when engaged!! I always bypass it and put all my pedals in front, which makes me loose the solo option and the general Master volume...CRAP!)

Thanks for the input guys!

Tom.

I don't use the f/x loop on mine but I don't bypass it either. So I still have the ability to use the master and solo fuctions which for me is necessary.

man, Mesa should fix that asap!!! i thought that this only occurred on the stiletto (which i have), but now seems that's a lot more under the belt than we see . . . it's a fault in design (misdesign is a word???) :?

deeman said:
I don't use the f/x loop on mine but I don't bypass it either. So I still have the ability to use the master and solo fuctions which for me is necessary.

Yeah but you loose tone if you don't bypass the loop ;)

Latest posts

Back