Mini Recto Volume Oscilattion fix

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vigo1999

Reaction score
So my amp tech had 3 mini rectos at his shop with the same problems. the clients complained that, when in the 10W mode, there were severe volume oscilattions, plus at the lead channel the volume was always too low and very bright.

he sent a mail to Mesa about and they replied with the following instructions to fix the problem:

"1) Change R8, the mute timing resistor from a 1M5 to a 560K
2) Change C47, the mute timing cap from a .082 to a .22-- note that the
positive end of the cap points toward the rear of the amp. Also, the new
larger cap can mount into the holes as shown-- it's the same as the original
cap.
3) Add a 1kuf 25V cap to the +16V supply, in parallel with C44"

Looks like we'll be seeing a revision B coming out shortly . . .

Thank you for posting this, been searching for the mesa "10 watt dropout mod" for 2 months now with neg results. It worked for my mini rec 10watt problem, all good now.

Just got informed by my Mesa tech...The revision B regarding that problem is out now! All new Minis will have that problem fixed!

RalfT85 said:
Just got informed by my Mesa tech...The revision B regarding that problem is out now! All new Minis will have that problem fixed!
..along with a new look, reverb, and now offered in a combo and rack-mount head as well!

I dont see anything on the rackmount, can you send me a link

KiwiJoe said:
RalfT85 said:
..along with a new look, reverb, and now offered in a combo and rack-mount head as well!

siggy14 said:
I dont see anything on the rackmount, can you send me a link

KiwiJoe said:
RalfT85 said:
Check the pics in the Mini-Rectoverb photo gallery:
http://mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rectifier_Series/Rectoverb_25/Rectoverb_25.html#gpm1_5

Dom

But there is also an overhauled Mini Rec with that mod and without the hard bypass switch on the back for the FX Loop. Just got a new Mini in exchange for my old one!

Vigo1999 said:
So my amp tech had 3 mini rectos at his shop with the same problems. the clients complained that, when in the 10W mode, there were severe volume oscilattions, plus at the lead channel the volume was always too low and very bright.

he sent a mail to Mesa about and they replied with the following instructions to fix the problem:

"1) Change R8, the mute timing resistor from a 1M5 to a 560K
2) Change C47, the mute timing cap from a .082 to a .22-- note that the
positive end of the cap points toward the rear of the amp. Also, the new
larger cap can mount into the holes as shown-- it's the same as the original
cap.
3) Add a 1kuf 25V cap to the +16V supply, in parallel with C44"

Looks like we'll be seeing a revision B coming out shortly . . .

Is this the confirmed fix for minirectifier 10w volume drop? How's the amp after this mod?

What will happen if you don't fix the 10w issue? Will the problem fry the 10w triode setting? Will it kill whole amp?

Back