Anyone tried to make a Footswitch for Mini Rec Clean/Push sw

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reeko

Reaction score
I really love BOTH the clean and pushed modes of CH 1.
But, I play live a lot and my amp is not convenient to switch it on the fly.

Wondering if anyone tried to make a Footswitch Mod to switch modes on CH1. Would love to make it more of a 3 CH amp.

(Not too concerned with CH2 as the Vintage to Mod change has a big volume jump and I don't use Modern at all anyway).

Would it be easy to mod without cutting the chassis? (ie: Plug that fits in the existing switch hole.)
Easy to get at the wires?
What switch would tend to be as noisless as possible?

Thoughts

I really like the idea of footswitchable modes in Ch1 of the Mini Rec if possible as Reeko suggested. I agree that footswitchable modes in Ch2 wouldn't really be useable for this amp, but I could certainly see value in it for the Ch1 modes. Could this be done easily?
I look forward to comments from the guru's as well!

I think this would be possible, but you'd have to add a jack for it. The switch is either a SPST, SPDT or DPDT. Any of these are available in a footswitch.

Not having seen the schematic, I wonder if that part of the circuit is high voltage. If so, it wouldn't be safe to send it out to a switch. But it could be isolated by using a relay.

I would actually really like to be able to switch that as well. I just might do it...

I think this would be a fantastic addition to this amp (and the Dual Rec Multi-watt, too), dramatically improving its functionality in a live situation. If I knew anything about such things I would do the mod myself in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I don't, so here's hoping that a knowledgeable and enterprising soul will figure it out! :)

noodles said:
I guess no one does the set it a little dirty and roll the volume back halfway thing anymore? ;)
The split second timing of the changes in today's tunes doesn't allow for the leisurely luxury of moving the hand to turn a knob. This is new school.......

Back