Fuse problem..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff521

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has had a similar problem. My fuse blew in my duel rectifier so I pulled it out to replace it and go through checking the tubes. The problem i am having is when I put the new fuse in and push the fuse knob in the amp and turn to lock it, its not "catching" and its not securing in the amp. There is no visible damage to the amp or the casing for the fuse and when I removed it there were no issues. Any ideas?? I called Mesa but they are closed for holidays and really need to get this up and running this week.

thanks

HI, I joined the day before you did to find some info...First,it may sound stupid but make sure your fuse is the same length as the one you took out.Assuming it is,try locking the male end,the one in your hand,in the amp with no fuse or spring.If it does'nt catch,the two metal dogears on the piece in your hand have bent inward.It's possible but very unlikely they broke off.You can bend them outward to where they are able to catch the slots in the female side(the amp).Hope it helps.Hard to explain,easy fix.Good luck!!

If the fuse holder is the one that has the two plastic nuts - one on the outside of the amp and the other on the inside of the amp - ensure the holder extends out of the back of the amp sufficiently enough so the fuse will seat all the way to the back of the fuse holder. If the fuse holder gets to looking flush with the outside nut, you will have to crack the amp open to adjust both plastic nuts. Sometimes the plastic nuts get vibrated loose and start to move around during transport, rolling down steps, playing drop C, palm-muted chords with a DR on 9+, etc...

Good luck, - Pat.

Yeah,he's right.Was'nt thinking about that but have had it happen.The cap wont go down far enough to catch.The amp side will feel loose.Tighten it from the outside down.That'd be good if that's all it is.Good Luck.

I have the same problem with the fuse cap not catching. I found the part (Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Domestic Fuse Cap/Holder 790347) for $3.60. How difficult is it to replace it myself? Is there a post or site that has instructions on how to disassemble, and install the new fuse holder?

Thank you

Latest posts

Back