Changed up my rig... Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
For the last year I have been using a Roadking II halfstack... what a great amp... trouble is gigging locally it takes up a lot of real estate plus it's big and bulky to move around... not that I mind moving it but hey if I can reduse the size and not sacrifice tone I'm in.

After some experimenting I've changed over to a Roadster 2x12 combo and 2x12 recto cab. I still have my 3 channel Dual Rec so I now have more flexibility. I can run a quarter stack, the combo and the cab or just the combo. Just ordered a road case for the Roadster.

I have to say there are subtle variances... probably huge variances to a guitarist listening accutely but for the most part the Roadster preserve my tone from before. I even like it a little more than the Roadking as there seems to be more detail presant on all channels. I admit I miss the CM90's what a great speaker. If I can order 16 ohm CM90's I'm going to get two. Otherwise the Vintage 30 is a pretty fine speaker... better in the high gain and mid gain than the cleans but I like my cleans a little dirty with sparkle... though the CM90 does a better job on sparkle :)

Cheers
Craig

Maybe a 2X12" Roadking cab (c90 and v30) and kept the Roadking would have been a better choice...just sayin'...

good point but with the 3 channel dual rec and the roadster 2x12 plus the 2x12 cab I'm pretty happy with the tones and flexibility. I found I used the 4x6L6 the most on the roadking. I do miss the C90 for sure but it's fading quick :)

Good for you! But I'm hopping to get a 2x12" Roadking cab pretty soon ;)

Back