Mini Rectifier (GUT SHOT wiring pics)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adambomb

Reaction score
Opened this badboy up the other day and they really did a nice job of wiring and used same components as the high power Recs. check it out...

E70AE11D-6E1D-44AA-86CE-8C5D29F194AF-6717-000008C5F38DB403.jpg

D485EE9F-62EF-46C7-8446-E161B0BF0C0C-6717-000008C6142B3904.jpg

00E9C373-44E9-409F-A7B9-066FDDAE201F-6717-000008C7DD005C62.jpg

Man, that looks nice. Cramped, but tidy.

I love the fact that the pots are not attached to the PCB - that'll pay off in 20 years :)

Thanks for posting those pics

Yea Im pretty sure they couldn't have fit another single component in that chassis. Super nice and clean wiring.

KiwiJoe said:
ken361 said:
Sexy :mrgreen:
+1 on that. I'm glad you took the trouble of taking yours apart so I don't have to do that with mine! :lol:

Trouble? Lol. Like 5 little screws. It's just a thin bottom plate. Had a tube red plate and wanted to make sure a screen grid resistor didn't get fried. Was just short in the EL84 and tube still works but replaced anyway. Yea I love looking at new amp designs. Mesa did a super good job fitting everything in there :)

Adambomb said:
Trouble? Lol. Like 5 little screws. It's just a thin bottom plate. Had a tube red plate and wanted to make sure a screen grid resistor didn't get fried. Was just short in the EL84 and tube still works but replaced anyway. Yea I love looking at new amp designs. Mesa did a super good job fitting everything in there :)
I didn't mean "trouble" as in difficulty; I just meant that you saved me the trouble of looking when I don't have a real need to look. As long as it's working, that's all that matters to me. :lol:

I have no desire to get inside the amp on the top or the bottom until I'm ready to change tubes. I'm a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy.

KiwiJoe said:
Adambomb said:
I didn't mean "trouble" as in difficulty; I just meant that you saved me the trouble of looking when I don't have a real need to look. As long as it's working, that's all that matters to me. :lol:

I have no desire to get inside the amp on the top or the bottom until I'm ready to change tubes. I'm a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy.

Yea, but when a tube red plates it's best to always check the screen grid resistors (dark thingys by power tube sockets) to see if one got a little fried or burnt. I've had to change them before on my Dual. I tinker and mod, But that's why I opened it up. Just knew there wasn't many gut shots so I figured I'd do people a favor and take some. Mesa wirings are genius. Agree, if it ain't broke don't fix it. But I wouldn't ever buy a car and not ever check the engine.

Latest posts

Back