I might be back in the Mesa camp...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalgarth

Reaction score
Greetings everyone! About 4 years ago I was playing through a TriAxis rig but have since sold it. To make a long story short I've gone through a couple different preferred setups including a Marshall JVM, which I still have. I'm now interested in the Mini Rectifier because, truth be told, I have no use or need for 100 watt or even 50 watt setups.

Give me the good bad and the ugly on the Mini Rectifier. I like the simplicity of 2 channels and an F/X loop. I like the fact that I can turn it down to 10 Watts. I really like the OD Channel with the modern switch engaged. What else, good, bad or ugly do I need to know.

Man, I just got a Mini last month, and I couldn't be happier! I think this is an amp that can suit just about anybody's style and tone desires. The tone controls are very active, so a little patience and fiddling around will bring big rewards.

I haven't heard any real drawbacks from many people other than small amp haters; most people who actually own one will pretty much tell you what I'm telling you. The only minor issue that I and a few others have mentioned are the control knobs: They just have a dimple machined into them, and they can be a bit hard to read in even the best light conditions. There is a thread on here addressing that, and it seems the consensus is getting some different MESA knobs. No on-board reverb may be an issue, but I use a delay pedal anyway, so it's a non-issue with me.

The best advice I can give you is to take your axe to your local MESA dealer and try one out for yourself. :)

I Love mine.

At first I was worried I would not like it as I am not a fan of the typical "Recto" tone. I am more into classic Rock (AC/DC, EVH, etc) and also Blues. I thought a Recto could only do Metal.

Man was I wrong. THe Vintage channel is sweet.

I replaced my 90LB Mark 4 combo with this little monster and could not be happier. Never needed all that power (normally ran with masters on 1 with the Mark 4 as we mic and PA).

The Mini 1x12 cab is really sweet also with the Mesa V30 in it. More Bass than I expected.

I tend to run the CH1 in the pushed mode with lots of gain and roll off volume to clean up. Gets that Classic Rock Light Crunch (think The Who) sound that I can also clean up or play Blues with. Then switch to Vintage to get more of a Hi Gain Marshall (EVH/ACDC) and lead tone.

Latest posts

Back