Reverb not working on second (drive) channel of Rect-o-verb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motormenace

Reaction score
I bought a second series Rect-o-verb amp about a year ago. The amp is pretty decent on the clean channel with the reverb cranked, but when I switch to the other channel, there is no reverb what so ever. Is this a common problem with these amps (I've played about two other amps with the same problem)? Or, did Mesa give this channel no reverb on purpose?

I really don't like the verb on my Rectoverb, so I don't use it.
I have a TC G-Major 2 in the loop.

I did notice that there is almost no reverb in the lead channel if the gain is set very high.
I have noticed this on most Mesa amps with reverb.

Agreed - forget about the onboard reverb. I use a Nano Hold Grail in the effects loop - works perfect

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure it didn't have an issue. I was already using a Holy Grail pedal to help (still need to get a reverb tank unit). Actually, the reverb in these amp are decent (my 4 x 10 Blue Angel's better. :D )...

I like the tone of the ROV reverb, but the decay is just not very natural sounding.
I could probably mod it, but I'm really thinking about building a tube driven reverb circuit in the amp instead.

I only use it on my cleans (usually) anyway, so I've never really noticed the drop out on other amps in the lead channels.

Latest posts

Back