What's a Roadster Head Worth?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elvis

Reaction score
I see a lot of people trying to get $1600 for a Roadster head. What do they actually sell for? I have an opportunity to pick one up as a partial trade.

Any comments appreciated! Especially if they include info about versions or features that are not common knowledge for non-owners.

elvis said:
I see a lot of people trying to get $1600 for a Roadster head. What do they actually sell for? I have an opportunity to pick one up as a partial trade.

Any comments appreciated! Especially if they include info about versions or features that are not common knowledge for non-owners.

I think they average around $1400 for a head. Maybe $1450. That is for a head that is in pristine condition and a couple of years remaining under warranty.

I tried to snag one for $1,350 which I saw posted for 2 hours. Somebody beat me to the punch. That was with 3 years left on the warranty. I would say that's a great price and moved very quickly. A fair price on that would be around $1,500.

I was recently considering buying a Roadster head and was tracking the sale prices on ebay from ~April to June. The prices below include shipping and I noted below if the seller was including the original receipt to transfer the warranty. I also saw one sell for just under $1250 in July but I wasn't watching it in ebay so I don't have any details on it.

Roadster (includes footswitch) $1,599.00
Roadster + footswitch (2.5yrs of warranty left) $1,300.00
Roadster + footswitch (4yrs of warranty left) $1,565.00
Roadster - custom grill - black diamond plate + footswitch - 2008 $1,325.00
Roadster + footswitch $1,250.00
Roadster + footswitch $1,460.00
Roadster + Footswitch - 2011, 4yrs of warranty, mint condition $1,395.00
Roadster + Footswitch - 2011, 4yrs of warranty, mint condition $1,305.00

I hope this helps.

Blows my mind on the resale value because they are great amps

Yeah, but it's supply and demand, and there is little demand for such an amp.

Same for Swirl guitars. Expensive to build and buy, almost impossible to sell at a reasonable price.

thejay said:
LareNgitis said:
I just bought a Roadster off eBay for $1170. It's near mint.

:shock: NOW THATS A STEAL

Yeah, it is. Shipping was $60, so for a total of $1230 I have a great amp. Now I just need to find a decent cabinet to go under it.

Decent cabs?

Standard Rectocab (4 x 12) for wide saggy nu metal crunch tones!!

The Traditional Rectocab (ne Stiletto 4 x 12 [ne Traditional Rectocab]) is a fantastic sounding quad box. Definitely has that traditional midrange roar.

The 2 x 12 Rectocab OR a 2 x 12 Road King cab are both great options. The 2 x 12 Road King cab has a close back chamber with a v30 and an open back c90. It is a very even sounding cab. The 2 x 12 Rectocab sounds similar to a Standard Rectocab with a wider and more scooped sound.

Also, the Royal Atlantic [ne Electra Dyne] 2 x 12 and 27" 1 x 12 are both great sounding and attractive options if you want a smaller and lighter foot print with a huge bottom end. Crunchy vintage goodness with accentuated mids, similar to a Traditional Rectocab.

All I have currently is a Jet City 4x12 with stock speakers. It's fine for the JCA head, but not right for the Roadster. I'll try to sell that (along with the JCA 50 watt head) and use the $ for a Mesa cab. I'm thinking a traditional cab, as I play a lot of 80's style hardcore and punk. The oversized cab may be a little too heavy on the low end.

Back