How do I date my ROV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisRocksUSA

Reaction score
I'm not talking about taking it out to dinner in hopes of cheap thrills and casual sex either

here are the identifying markings I can easily see. Not sure if others are hidden away.

49307504006963793929.jpg

74015160239240875309.jpg

32750155838412819554.jpg

any ideas, or tips on where I can go to look this up?

thanks guys 8)

Call boogie and give them your serial number. they can tell you when it was made. OR

Amps of that era usually are initialed and dated by month/year inside the chassis.

WARNING!!! The inside of guitar amplifiers can contain lethal voltages even if they are unplugged. YOU CAN DIE. If you are not comfortable with this please don't attempt working on the inside of your amplifier.

On my amp I would do the following. If someone were to attempt this they might want to let their amplifier sit for a few days as the capacitors bleed off, to lessen the chance of electrocution, but this is not a certainty.
When the amp is cold, remove the tubes, disconnect the reverb tank. If you have a combo there are two steel plates on the top, or if you have a head they are on the bottom. There are four screws (two per plate) holding the chassis securely to the cabinet. Remove the four of these and carefully slide the chassis out and keep your fingers out of the inside of the chassis. Flip the chassis over and look for the date. Keep your fingers out of the amplifier.

Seriously though, just call Boogie, it is much easier than pulling your amp apart.

See this:
chassis.jpg

I called boogie. I spoke to a friendly gentleman named Marcus and he said that they have a poor tracking system and aren't always able to find serial #s.

He did not see mine but said that if it has a bias switch (to go from 6l6s to el34s) it is a rectoverb made in 2004 or later, and he found other single recs (solo 50s) with serial #s similar to mine around 04, so he said it was probably made then.

I am more afriad of hurting my b00gie by taking it apart than I am of harming myself. I LOVE my boogie lol

Back