Replacement Chrome Plate for Triple Rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonVolt

Reaction score
I just bought a used 3 channel triple rec with a black metal plate.... I just prefer the look of the chrome. Do they sell replacement diamond plate for these amps? Thanks

You have to purchase the entire head cab. The faceplates are epoxied in place. Email or call Mesa Boogie and they'll give you a price.

The plates are about $150 from Mesa and are held on with 3M double back foam tape. Headshells range from $350-$1500 depending on options and woods.

fluff191 said:
The plates are about $150 from Mesa and are held on with 3M double back foam tape. Headshells range from $350-$1500 depending on options and woods.

That would be great since the head cab is in pretty good shape. Is it difficult to remove the amp from the cab? I haven't poked around the back of it enough to see yet.

Take a hair dryer and a screwdriver and slowly heat up sections of the face of the plate while lightly prying up on the the edge. When the glue melts, the plate comes right off. Easiest to do when the amp is removed from the headshell.

fluff191 said:
Take a hair dryer and a screwdriver and slowly heat up sections of the face of the plate while lightly prying up on the the edge. When the glue melts, the plate comes right off. Easiest to do when the amp is removed from the headshell.

Thanks for the tips. Does the amp remove from the headshell fairly easily? I'm not at home right now to check.

****, if I only I saw this sooner. I would have traded you your black diamond plate for my silver. :(

Back