Roadster-- anyone using ch4 for "nontraditional" sounds?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoG

Reaction score
hey guys,

my bandmate has a roadster and I love this amp, if it didn't live in my basement I'd have to buy one :)

Our problem, though, is channel 4. Not Channel 2, got a sound there we are super happy with. The thing is, we don't need the full-on modern Recto slam that Ch4 is made for and we're having trouble finding anything else it's good at because it's got soooo much low bass. Has anybody got a secret for getting sort of a mid-gain crunch out of Ch4?

(Our Ch2 secret was to turn Treble and Presence all the way down and work from there.)

On vintage try gunning the presence, lowering the treble(9ish), turning up the mids and lowering the bass and set the gain to where you want it. I get a very SLO'ish vibe to my channel 4 using this way(for leads).

Have you tried it through a Rectifier Traditional/Stiletto cab? You should try yours again with Vintage 30 speakers...

This is through his cab, which is a stock Recto Trad with V30s, not mine :) Don't get me wrong, it sounds amazing if you do the traditional Recto sounds on CH4, we just don't need them.

CoG said:
This is through his cab, which is a stock Recto Trad with V30s, not mine :) Don't get me wrong, it sounds amazing if you do the traditional Recto sounds on CH4, we just don't need them.

Then don't use that channel??? :p

*puts on flame retardant suit*

Latest posts

Back