Question about the output jack on the Recto 4x12" cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelkage

Reaction score
Hello, first of all, as this is my first post here!

I have just acquired a superb black & grey grill, straight, standard Recto 4x12" cab that I use in stereo (my Rocktron Velocity 300 poweramp sends 2x150W at 4 ohms into it) and I wonder what sort of signal is present at the output jack? How could I benefit from using that output in addition to my current stereo rig? What happens if I add, for example, an 8 ohm 1x12" cab to the output jack, will everything be reconfigured?

Thanks a lot!
Dan

IIRC recto 4x12s are 8ohm cabs. If you connected another 8 ohm cab to that output jack, you'd be showing the head a 16ohm load to the head.

Actually 2 8 ohm cabinets in parallel would show the head a 4 ohm load

Cyber104 is correct.
You can use the cab either stereo or mono, but AFAIK, not both.

So the two mono jacks ("IN", "OUT") on the right side of the cab's jack plate should be inoperable when you use the stereo inputs.

Even if it's possible that the 8 ohm out could be paralleled from one of the 4 ohm sides, that would result in 2.67 ohms, unsafe according to Rocktron 300 specs. Plus, the single 12" and the two speakers being paralleled from the Recto cab would likely be louder than the other two Recto cab speakers, thus negatively affecting your stereo sound.

Thanks, it makes sense to me. Mesa Boogie should issue a manual for their stereo cabs, too. :)

cyber104 said:
Actually 2 8 ohm cabinets in parallel would show the head a 4 ohm load

Yea, you're right, it has to be wired in parallel or you'd HAVE to have a second cab.

Latest posts

Back