Still selling my 2 channel is this a scam?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrentSSL

Reaction score
Yes i am double posting this out of concern sorry

It just seems a little fishy especially since i never mailed the guy so can you tell me if this looks legit to you guys ?

Thanks for the mail, I'm seriously interested in buying this for my
Father i wish to view it but right now am not around and am okay with
your selling price, I'm a Petroleum Engineer and currently offshore i
really want this as a surprise gift for my Father so i won't let him
know anything about this until it get delivered to him. You can mail
me back with your PayPal email address so i can make the payment to
you right now and if you don't have an account with PayPal you can set
up an account today as it's secured and reliable visit their website
on www.paypal.com. i will be responsible for the payment fees/charges
on this transaction. Do not worry about shipping or picking up as my
pick up agent will come and pick it up from you once have made the
payment to you and will love to see the recent pic if my approval is
granted get back to me with your full Name,address and phone number so
you have your money immediately for you to spend.

Get back to me with your.
Full Name
PayPal Email Address
Phone #.

If I'm reading this correctly, HE is going to pay YOU the money, then you send the amp away ? Sounds safe to me ...

Still, in things like these I would at least wait til he replies that everything is ok with the amp before you go on a shopping spree :))

Just a thought. He never says he is interested in the amp, just some non-descript "it". He always capitalizes "Father". And he is asking for information that could compromise your paypal account. As a seller you tie your account to a bank account. Normally you use your personal email to setup the account. As a hack someone could reverse engineer some of your information, setup a redirect email server or packet sniffer targetting your email since it is most always in clear text, and then request a password change. After that they own your bank account.

Just for you to consider.

Dennis

wow holy crap yeah i don't think i have used my paypal account since i bought my schecters on ebay

This seems fishy to me also, especially if you never mailed him to start with.

I would be worried that without shipment tracking that the "buyer" would claim that they never received the amp and get their paypal money returned.

I would play dumb and ask them to forward the original email back to you, you can say that you have multiple people interested and have lost track of who you "mailed" previously.

If this buyer still insists to buy with his "agent" for pickup, insist that the agent meet you (and a couple of your buddies) in a public location with cash in hand, eliminating the PayPal part of the transaction, and the hold time on your money as PayPal will not make that large of an amout immediately available. Tell him to forward the "agent's" full name & for the "agent" to supply a valid ID at the time of purchase. If the buyer says that he has no way to get the money to his "agent" tell him to use PayPal.

Remember, you are the seller and the transaction should be on your terms, not the buyer's.

Dom

thanks alot dom i did that and have not herd from him so it was deffinetly a scam

Typical scam, they pick up the amp and then file a claim with pay pal saying they never received item, since you dont have a record of shipping it they will take the money from you.

siggy14 said:
Typical scam, they pick up the amp and then file a claim with pay pal saying they never received item, since you dont have a record of shipping it they will take the money from you.
That's how I read it. Who in their right mind would cover PayPal fees and then pick up an item locally?

**** scammers.

Dom

holy crap dom i didn't even think of that i didnt even think of that yeah screw that BTW anyone want a 2 channel haha

It's a scam.

Cut and paste some of that into Google. You'll find a lot of similar results.

BrentSSL said:
Yes i am double posting this out of concern sorry

It just seems a little fishy especially since i never mailed the guy so can you tell me if this looks legit to you guys ?

Thanks for the mail, I'm seriously interested in buying this for my
Father i wish to view it but right now am not around and am okay with
your selling price, I'm a Petroleum Engineer and currently offshore i
really want this as a surprise gift for my Father so i won't let him
know anything about this until it get delivered to him. You can mail
me back with your PayPal email address so i can make the payment to
you right now and if you don't have an account with PayPal you can set
up an account today as it's secured and reliable visit their website
on http://www.paypal.com. i will be responsible for the payment fees/charges
on this transaction. Do not worry about shipping or picking up as my
pick up agent will come and pick it up from you once have made the
payment to you and will love to see the recent pic if my approval is
granted get back to me with your full Name,address and phone number so
you have your money immediately for you to spend.

Get back to me with your.
Full Name
PayPal Email Address
Phone #.

"have your money immediately" ... why the rush rush rush.

Do not send him your full name or details, if anything send the photos, "get the approval", get the money, spend the money, wait 5 days and then you arrange for "your agent" to deliver the amp.

Delivery address is different to address of person allegedly paying - not always conclusive - but that should raise the alarm immediately! So he'll have your address but you won't know his!

Smells like scam, feels like scam, looks like scam ...

Forget it, there are honest people who will buy your amp.

Latest posts

Back