Trying the stereo route

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harem_theater

Reaction score
8a608b3c.jpg

So the roadster has all this intense, dynamic tone while the egnater has this wicked Vai-ish lead tone full of mids and compression.

Wanting to run both amps through my stereo cab, left and right.

Any thoughts or suggestions regarding problems I might face? Anyone else have a similar rig?

harem_theater said:
So the roadster has all this intense, dynamic tone while the egnater has this wicked Vai-ish lead tone full of mids and compression.

Wanting to run both amps through my stereo cab, left and right.

Any thoughts or suggestions regarding problems I might face? Anyone else have a similar rig?
Ground loops and phase issues are usually the common problems with a two amp stereo rig.

You haven't mentioned which cab you plan to use in stereo, are you sure that both halves are electrically isolated?

Also, how do you plan to split your guitar signal?

Dom

I've rewired my orange cab to be mono/stereo switchable. And I'm splitting the signal with the two outputs on my crybaby from hell.

Phasing seems to be ok on all channels except the egnater channel 3. So I'll have to take it to a tech to get that flipped if possible. I do have a bit of loop hum so I'm also looking into some ebtech stuff.

I hope this isn't more trouble than it's worth haha

If your ground loop hum is indeed from the FX loop you can try lifting the shield from one end of one amp's cable in the loop. That will break the ground loop. Try lifting the end at the amp.

Whatever you do NEVER lift the electrical earth connection at the amp(s) power cable!

Dom

Latest posts

Back