Road King King Kontroller Problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a crafty way to secure the cable from backing out of the King Kontroller?

I'm looking beyond the obvious duct tape fix :)

Cheers
Craig

Whats happening is the Cable is coming loose if I breath on it lightly... exaggerating but it's been a thorn in my side. The cable come out of the Roadking pedal switcher and when it does it creates noise and random switching errors with the amp head. A nightmare at gigs. I would like to see Mesa change this to a screw down type for a more reliable connection.

Until Mesa makes a change is there anyone that has a fix for this???

Thanks in advance.

I dont have this issue with my roadking, I have two footswitches for mine and one cable. So maybe either your cable or footswitch is going bad. I would try ordering a new cable from mesa.

khingpynn said:
Whats happening is the Cable is coming loose if I breath on it lightly... exaggerating but it's been a thorn in my side. The cable come out of the Roadking pedal switcher and when it does it creates noise and random switching errors with the amp head. A nightmare at gigs. I would like to see Mesa change this to a screw down type for a more reliable connection.

Until Mesa makes a change is there anyone that has a fix for this???

Thanks in advance.

Hi Siggy... yes I believe it's the cable and I have a new 30 footer on the way as a warrantee replacement.

Cheers!

Hello,

Just came across this topic. I am having the same issue but not with the cable coming loose, just moving or touching the cable used to connect the King Kontroller to the RK head causes these switching errors and pops/crackles.

I removed the side panel where the din plug is inserted to check things out. Everything looked good but just to be safe, I used a can of compressed air to blow out any dust.

Did ordering a new cable fix this issue for you?

Thanks in advance!

Back