I just bought a Dual Rec. for $100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exbest182

Reaction score
So, I was trolling craigslist a little bit ago. Saw a guy selling a dual rec... the ad says "no tubes, not sure what's wrong with it, make me an offer" - I sent him a text, offered him $100 dollars.. and he said yes! So, he tells me about it - and tells me it just stopped working one day... and that he took is to a local guitar shop here in town and that they knew what was wrong with it, but he didn't remember... I called up my bud who happens to own said guitar shop... he said it's just a loose connection, something between the stand by switch and power.... I don't pretend to know about wiring and ****, but he said it was a super easy fix... and he'd take care of it for me for $50, I just ordered a tube set from dougs tubes... $175... so $225 for tubes and repair.. $10 for a power cable... plus the $100 I paid for it... equals total cost $335... serial number in the 14k range if that's not winning, I don't know what is....

IMAG0092.jpg

charlie-sheen-winning-resized-600.png

sigh... well, spoke too soon... a small part of the pcb board is fried... seeing what it would cost to get it fixed, or see if it's even fixable...

I can't imagine a new board including installation and shipping to/from Mesa would run more than $600.00.

Your original out of pocket expenses and the Mesa repair together and your still under $1000.00.

That is a fair price...right?

Good luck I hope you win on this one.

TremoJem said:
I can't imagine a new board including installation and shipping to/from Mesa would run more than $600.00.

Your original out of pocket expenses and the Mesa repair together and your still under $1000.00.

+1 This is exactly what I was thinking. Mesa replaced a bad F-50 Head board for a friend of mine out of warranty for 100.00. Mesa's service is generally very good.

TremoJem said:

It's a great price, I talked to Mesa today.. send Rich a picture of the spot, they said it's repairable... $150-250 to fix.. which is awesome.. but now I gotta wait for my tubes to get here.. Rich said they'd charge me for tubes if I shipped it without... so gotta wait until Wednesday or Thursday... which works out good since my new Stiletto will be here Wednesday... then I can use that box and packing for the DR, and send it to Mesa... this is all working out!

Now I'd say it's a steal of a buy!

Make sure you insure the shipping on that thing. UPS is not kind to amps. But Vegas to CA. is not that bad of a stretch.

Latest posts

Back