American Music and Band - Beware

Discussion area for Single, Dual and Trip Rectifers

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

WannaBoogie
Mark II

Re: American Music and Band - Beware

Post by WannaBoogie » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:37 pm

Just an Update on the company's response to all the problems with the order...

They have offered a 25% refund on the entire order (including the cabinet) for the troubles with the order.

Of course I accepted that as a complete resolution to the issue. :-)

Not a bad outcome IMHO.

Thanks for all the support!
Just when I think I've got it all sorted out... Someone goes and moves the pieces.

WannaBoogie
Mark II

Post by WannaBoogie » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:39 am

I just thought to update this thread with the recent (non)developments.

Personally, I have totally had it with this company. First, the aforementioned hassles. And, now, they are back to their old tricks.

The promised goodwill refund "for all the problems encountered" never materialized.
And, the 2x12 cabinet (with all the amp accessories packed with it) has also never materialized.

Due to their apparent hustle in the beginning, I removed the negative feedback from Amazon... Since that time... communication has once again fallen on deaf and non-responsive ears... or eyes. (Yeah, I was a gullible gus)

I have constantly badgered them via email for tracking numbers, which they have thus far refused to deliver. And, repeatedly asked as to the status of the promised goodwill refund... not a single reply in three weeks.
The best information I can get from the postal service (using only the delivery address as a reference) indicates that the parcel may have been returned to the shipper for paperwork problems... i inquired to them about this... no reply at all.

So, today, with few options available to me, I forwarded to Mesa the entire thread of communications since Mesa first lit a fire under their butts back in early October. Hopefully, Mesa will give a hand and help me get the gear I paid for two long months ago.

So, my warning against doing business with American Music and Band still stands. Either they are extremely poor business people or they are outright crooks.

Amazon will most likely back me up as a last resort... But, we will see what Mesa digs up.
Just when I think I've got it all sorted out... Someone goes and moves the pieces.

WannaBoogie
Mark II

Post by WannaBoogie » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:30 pm

UPDATE 12/13/2011:

GREAT NEWS!

Amazon could not get a response from the American Music and Band on the A-Z claim for the Dual Recto or the Recto Cabinet.

So, they granted a FULL REFUND on both orders. I still don't have a foot-switch though. But, this is FAR more than I ever expected. Return of the Amp was NOT a condition of the refund either.

For anyone who questions making such purchases through Amazon... THAT'S why I buy from Amazon. They take care of crappy merchants like AM&B.

This situation is finally resolved after 10 weeks of grief. Now, I need to find out how to buy a footswitch and get back to the BOOGIE!

YellowJacket
Dual Recto

Post by YellowJacket » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:58 pm

So you got a boogie and a full refund for your troubles!? Pretty awesome. Maybe contact Mesa and ask them about the footswitch. They'll know what to do!

WannaBoogie
Mark II

Post by WannaBoogie » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:54 pm

YellowJacket wrote:So you got a boogie and a full refund for your troubles!? Pretty awesome. Maybe contact Mesa and ask them about the footswitch. They'll know what to do!
Yeah, I will wait until after holidays to try and buy the footswitch and other stuff from Mesa. For now, I am just glad this nightmare is over. Even if they demanded it, they would not get this amp back. I have already replaced V1~V3 and V6 as well as put some nice TungSol rectifiers in it... not to mention the tranny swapout "part 2" coming up as soon as I receive the 11 lead tranny from Mercury.

Never wanted for anyone to lose out on this. But, the delays, lies, stress and other frustration associated with this ordeal are deserving of a full refund IMO.

It may be totally "American" of me. But, I really needed to vent this frustration... Thanks mates! for being supportive and offering your insights while this was going on...

I am definitely SO finished with these AM&B people. And, SO totally psyched on Amazon's customer protection.