Dual Rectifier + Fulltone OCD Video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluff191

Reaction score
I redid a song of mine (de-tuned and sped up) and used an OCD as a boost. Chunky!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTnp07dqanQ

Sounds great. Cool tune too. All your YT vids sounds great. Nice Bugera BTW :wink:

droptrd said:
Nice Bugera BTW :wink:

:lol:

That was a friends amp that I retubed for him. Actually sounded better than the 3 5150's I have owned, but man the build quality on those things are ghetto.

fluff191 said:
droptrd said:
Nice Bugera BTW :wink:

:lol:

That was a friends amp that I retubed for him. Actually sounded better than the 3 5150's I have owned, but man the build quality on those things are ghetto.
Ah ha, blame it on your buddy :p :lol:

Sounds absolutely killer!!! Where were you running the gain on the amp and in what mode??? I've always thought that the OCD makes a great boost with Mesa amps. I've been wanting to try a BB Preamp for this particular use also.

Thank you very much.

All the EQ knobs were at noon, except Presence was at about 10:00. Gain was about 12:30. Hope that helps!

Good job, Fluff.

The dog shot at the drop cracked me up. :lol: :lol:

can you tell me did you run theocd throught the loop or right in the front of the amp. if you ran it throught the loop can you tell me how too do it i have a 2010 roadking 2 with a roadking 4/12 amp i have never put anything throught the loop don no how too set it up thank you for your time video was great . thanks cal

hey calvin1, allow me to shed some light on your question on fluff191's behalf. The OCD and other overdrive and distortion boxes can only be run in through the front input of the amp. FX loops are not designed to run dirt boxes but deisgned to run time based effects such as delays, chorus, pahaser, reverb, flangers and such. Your roadking has a great loop on it and I would definitely take the time to experiment with it. An easy trick that I learned long ago when running effects through an fx loop is the fx unit's input is run to the send of the amp (think of it this way IS....Input/send) then you run the output of the unit to the return on the amp (OR....Ouput/Return) this little IS/OR trick may be a bit dumb but helped me at first when I couldn't remember how to hook things up at a gig. Hope this helps

Fluff191 will probably reply also....always does :D

RoadKinger483 said:
The OCD and other overdrive and distortion boxes can only be run in through the front input of the amp. FX loops are not designed to run dirt boxes but deisgned to run time based effects such as delays, chorus, pahaser, reverb, flangers and such.

Well said! I have nothing to add. 8)

Sounds great! That's why I keep going back to my 2 Channel, Rev G. It's "simple, fool proof, can set the knobs at noon if need be, classic Recto tone"... :mrgreen:

Definitely intrested to hear that....im yet to try out my dirt boxes with the new tremoverb. Thinkin the OCD might be best but my modded sparkledrive has been sounding good lately. If I can make some vids or clips maybe ill post some up too.....hope to check them out soon fluf191

Latest posts

Back